COVID-19 Worship Arrangements
On 20th July 2021, Bamber Bridge’s Methodist Church Council agreed the following actions after the Government relaxed restrictions from 19th July 2021:
- The church will operate a seating arrangement which will allow for those who wish to remain socially distanced to do so, as well as an area for those who wish to sit with others (these rows of seats will remain two metres apart). Members of the congregation to seat themselves accordingly.
- The congregation will be asked to wear masks unless medically exempt and will be able to sing with their masks on if they so wish.
- For baptisms, a limit of 30 additional people in the baptismal party can be present for Sunday worship.
- Wherever possible services are not to exceed 40 minutes. Local preachers and ministers are to be advised.
- Track and trace records are still required but booking for services is no longer required.
- Refreshments after the service will not be taking place at present but people are encouraged to have conversations after the service outside the church building.
- The above arrangement to be reviewed after 4 weeks (unless restrictions are reimposed by the Government) and if successful may be subject to change.
- Retiring collections continue as at present.
- Currently we are unable to provide separate provision for children.